“Welcome to ‘Speechless’ – our behind-the-scenes take on real life in VO, where we share our stories, our resources and our unsolicited opinions!”
Since our debut episode in August 2021, Kim Wilson and I have been on quite the adventure…and we’ve been lovin’ every minute of it. From our humble webcast beginnings (with professional graphics and music intro, mind you), to having sponsors (!!) and expanding our offerings to a podcast, we are thrilled to be able to share so much with our voice over community!
In one of our episodes, Kim expressed, “I have found the voice over community to be amazing…a million best friends right away,” and I completely agree. Over the years we both have received so much from our friends and acquaintances in the industry, and to have the chance to give back is truly a blessing.
With that in mind, I wanted to compile for you a list of our most popular episodes. Maybe there’s an episode here that you’ve missed, or that you’d like to watch again for a refresher. I especially love our episodes on casting and auditions, and it looks like our viewers agree.
Through watching these, It’s my sincere hope that you learn something new, and that you’ll grab a useful tip or two (or three!) that you can apply immediately to the next steps in your career.
So, grab your favorite beverage, settle in, and enjoy.
- L.A. Voice Over Casting Director, Elaine Craig: Get to know what Elaine looks for when casting her projects.
- Casting Director, Voice Over Coach, Mary Lynn Wissner: A woman after our own hearts.
- Voice Over Casting: Barbara Hennessy, Senior VP of Production at Tribe Pictures: She has over 25 years of experience in the TV and film industry!
- Auditioning for Online Casting: Tips to keep your auditions fresh and competitive in the online casting world.
- Voice Over Casting with Pandora Radio’s Steve Pogatch: Steve gives us the 411 on voice actor do’s and don’ts and all things casting for voice over!
- How to be Cast for Voice Over Work? Tips from VO Industry Superstar, Tracy Lindley: Tips on casting for VO and how she uses her LinkedIn prowess to find work.
- Voice Over Coach, Prolific Narrator, Thom Pinto: You’ve heard him on the History Channel, Discovery Channel, the Weather Channel, CBS, and a multitude of commercials including AT&T and Audi.
- VO Teacher and The First Lady of Voice Over, Keri Tombazian: This trailblazer has got us scraping our jaws off the floor.
The Business of VO
- How to Market Yourself as a Voice Over Talent: We share what marketing has worked for us to bring in our highest-paying clients.
- Atlanta Voice Over Studio’s, Heidi Rew, Social Media Savvy: Social Media Master and Influencer, Heidi Rew, shares SO. MANY. TIPS!!
- How to Get New Clients: Voiceover Talent’s #1 Question!
Tech and Tools
- Voice Over Business Tool: VOICEOVERVIEW to the Rescue: Help turn your voice over gig into an actual business.
- StudioBricks booths for Voice Over: Find out why it works for us.
- Voice Over Tips for Medical Narration: Getting Your $#!+ Together for voicing medical scripts.
- Vocal Health for Voice Actors with Nic Redman: Sharing AWESOME tips with wit and wisdom!
- How to Speak When You Stumble: Tips on how to talk when you can’t.😉
- Why Mingle with Your Competition?: Why bother talking to your competitors? What’s the benefit?
- Behind-the-Scenes: A Day in the Life of Voice Over Talent:We each share a day BTS while they record and do their voiceover thing!
Want our show takeaways, drink recipes, and resources ahead of each episode airing? Sign up here and be a VO “in-the-know” for upcoming cool $#!+ we have cooking.
Thanks for watching!