The Easy Way to Hire a Voice-Over Pro
Our ability to hire freelancers has been simplified exponentially by freelancer hiring platforms. But, ironically, those platforms can be confusing, expensive, and laden with inexperienced talent. So, what is the easy way to hire a voice-over pro or ANY freelancer?
Find and contact!
It’s really as easy as finding a talent and contacting them directly, by phone, email, or even through social media channels. By doing a Google search, you can find a talent online through their own website or even on an online marketplace, a roster, or through an agent. Talent make it very easy to either contact their agent or themselves directly!
After contacting a talent, there are some questions you’ll want to ask and answer.
Checklist of questions to answer
Share as many details about your project as possible including:
- Script – Ideally, if you can provide the final script, the talent can deliver a voice sample and better estimate the rate for your project. However, if the script is unavailable, an excerpt works, too.
- Word count – Provide the exact number of words and/or expected length of script.
- Usage – Where and how will the project be used? …on a website, for a one-time event, on YouTube, on various mediums – in various markets?
- Revisions – Knowing your company’s workflow, do you expect slight or major revisions?
- Budget – Can you provide a range of what your company normally pays for this type of project? If this is the first time you’ve hired talent, has your company allotted a budget? A talent can understand your needs more fully, and work with your budget, if you are able to reveal this detail.
- Turnaround – Do you need the voice recording in an hour, a day, a week, a month?
Expect to hear a response same day, usually within an hour, including a sample of your script, an estimated rate, and turnaround confirmation.
Questions on hiring talent? Contact me by email or social media and I’ll be happy to help you asap!